We absolutely understand people will have questions please but please use the helpline below if approriate.
*Coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline*
If you don't have symptoms and are looking for general information, phone the free helpline on 0800 028 2816.
The helpline is open from 8.00am to 10.00pm each day.
SELF ISOLATION NOTE ('sick line')
HS Scotland is in the process of identifying people at the highest risk should they be exposed to Covid-19. NHS Scotland will be directly contacting the people with these conditions to provide further advice
People who are Extremely high risk of severe illness
Some groups of people are considered to be at extremely high risk of severe illness with COVID-19 and should strictly follow shielding measures. Their household and other contacts should strictly follow social distancing measures in order to protect them.
This group includes people who:
- have had solid organ transplants
- have lung cancer and are receiving active chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- have cancers of the blood or bone marrow, such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
- have severe chest conditions such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma and severe COPD
- have rare diseases that significantly increase the risk of infections such as SCID and homozygous sickle cell
- are receiving immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
- are receiving other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
- have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
- are receiving immunosuppression therapies that significantly increase risk of infection
- are pregnant with significant heart disease (congenital or acquired)
Shielding is for your personal protection, it’s your choice to decide whether to follow these measures.
This may be anxious time for people considered extremely vulnerable and you will have questions and concerns. Plans are being made to make sure you can rely on a wide range of help and support